If you're planning a London trip (or merely dreaming of one!), MailOnline has given us a list of top London websites. After perusing hundreds, MailOnline proclaimed these as best:
- VISIT LONDON Great for first timers. Offers sections on Things to Do, Where to Stay, Discover London, and general advice in its Traveller Information section.
- LONDONIST A hipper version of Visit London with information about books, film, arts, theatre, and London on the cheap.
- TFL (TRANSPORTATION FOR LONDON) Provides great information about the London subway system (tickets, maps, Oyster cards, etc.) as well as info about other forms of transportation, such as walking, taxis, buses, trams, and boats.
- TIME OUT LONDON The bible for all that is hip and cool in London. A must-see if you're young or young at heart.
- JUST OPENED LONDON Informs readers about newly opened restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, shops, and cultural events.
- DIAMOND GEEZER A treasure trove of interesting and useful information about London, written from a first-person point of view.
- HIDDEN LONDON Focuses on obscure London attractions, curiosities, and locations. Perfect for those wanting to get off the beaten track or for old-timers whose tolerance for tourist attractions has waned.
- THEATRE MONKEY Gives the lowdown on London theaters and music venues (what's playing, locations, how to get to the venues, etc.) as well as info about discounted tickets.
- LONDON REVIEW OF BREAKFASTS Anything you wish to know about eating breakfast in London, you'll probably find here. Includes wonderfully written essays and a guide to eateries in the various sections of London.
I would like to offer readers several more useful websites, all of which provide the same general, useful information that Visit London does but focus on the various regions of the UK: