The Peking-to-Paris rally resumed in 1997, a few years after the fall of Communism. The current race boasts entrants from 26 nations and 96 vehicles, with a route taking the teams through China, Mongolia's Gobi Desert, Russia, Eastern Europe, and on to France. The race "prize" is a bottle of champagne! (And, of course, priceless adventures and great prestige!)
Most of the vehicles in this year's race were manufactured in either Britain or America--but many were produced in other countries too. Click through the links below, and you'll see Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Mercedes, Jaguars, Land Rovers--as well as Volvos, Porches, etc.
- To see a map of the race's route, click HERE
- To see the list of race participants, click HERE
- To view the homepage of the Endurance Rally Association, which sponsors the race, click HERE
- To see a Photo Gallery of the race, click HERE
- To read a Telegraph article about the race, click HERE
TELEGRAPH VIDEO: ON THE ROAD IN BEIJING