Photo by Magnus D / Wikimedia Commons
Take "Royal" poll at bottom of page!
Oh, how we love
the House of Windsor!
Official website of the BRITISH MONARCHY
These are the House of Windsor players & their numeric order of succession to the throne:
HM The Queen: Elizabeth II (The Grand Poobah! / Coronated in 1953 / Her dad was King George VI, know to modern culture vultures as the stutterer in the movie The King's Speech)
Spouse: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh: Philip (The Queen's hubby / Formerly "Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark" / He and the Queen married in 1947)
1. HRH The Prince of Wales: Charles (The Queen & Philip's oldest son / Diana's ex / A tad frumpy but is into historic preservation and the "organic/green" movement)
Spouse: HRH The Duchess of Cornwall: Camilla (Charles' current [second] wife/ aka "the
other woman" / Charles' "soul mate")
2. HRH The Duke of Cambridge: William (Charles & Diana's older son / Handsome, intellectual, and recently married)
Spouse: HRH The Duchess of Cambridge: Catherine, aka "Kate" (William's wife & our new
heartthrob! / Former name: Catherine Middleton / Has darling sister, Philippa Middleton,
sometimes called "Pippa," though nowadays she shuns that nickname)
3. HRH Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (Will & Kate's new arrival!)
4. HRH Prince Harry of Wales: Harry (William's only sibling / Charles & Diana's younger son / An
Army Air Corps helicopter pilot / Handsome, wild, & fun loving)
5. HRH The Duke of York: Andrew (The Queen & Philip's third child & Charles' brother / A
Naval helicopter pilot / Currently a bachelor / Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson's ex)
6. HRH Princess Beatrice of York (Andrew & Fergie's older daughter / Wears unique hats)
7. HRH Princess Eugenie of York (Andrew & Fergie's youngest daughter / Wears unique hats)
8. HRH The Earl of Wessex: Edward (The Queen & Philip's fourth child / Prince Charles' brother /
Into theater, television, producing, and other odd jobs.)
Spouse: HRH The Countess of Wessex: Sophie (Edward's wife / Attractive, smart, career woman)
9. James, Viscount Severn (Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it: "Viscount Severn" is a
very formidable sounding name, isn't it? But I'm sure the little tyke is a sweet lad. He is Edward
& Sophie's dear boy.)
10. Lady Louise Windsor ("Lady Louise"--nice alliteration! She is Edward & Sophie's
11. HRH The Princess Royal: Anne (The Queen & Philip's second child & only daughter / Prince Charles' only sister / Twice married / Two children by first husband / Looking more and more like her dad everyday!)
Spouse: Timothy Laurence (Retired naval officer)
12. Peter Phillips (Works with sports sponsorships)
Spouse: Autumn Kelly (Former personal assistant to broadcaster Sir Michael Parkinson)
13. Savannah Anne Kathleen
14. Isla Elizabeth Phillips
15. Zara Phillips (aka Mrs. Michael Tindall) (A British equestrian who won silver in the
London 2012 Olympics!)
Zella's Comments: I adore the Royal Family for the nearly constant amusement and angst they supply. Personally, I'm not one to watch Dallas, The Sopranos, or the Kardashians. But the Royals? Oh my, yes! They provide the intrigue of a soap opera but speak with upper-crust accents and wear Burberry!
The Royal Family's popularity has waxed and waned over the years, however. As Prince Charles and Princess Diana were going through their ugly divorce, the family's popularity plummeted. In more recent times, particularly with the success of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration, it has risen. But even so, the Royal Family does have its detractors, known as "republicans," i.e., non-monarchists. I find the debate a keenly interesting one.
To understand the republicans' position, I suggest this editorial in The Independent. (Click HERE)
To understand the monarchists' position, I suggest this editorial from the BBC. (Click HERE)
POLL: Want a Royal Title?
Role-playing here at Anglophiles United is permitted! Actually, it's encouraged. So, go ahead--grab a title and demand that your family and friends use it. Oh, and the next time you go out, be sure to buy a tiara.
Click to set custom HTML
GO TO: HOMEPAGE WHAT’S AN ANGLOPHILE? ABOUT BRITISH BOOKS BRITISH CARS BRITISH CLOTHING BRITISH DRINKS BRITISH FOOD BRITISH HOMES BRITISH MOVIES BRITISH MUSIC BRITISH NEWSPAPERS BRITISH RADIO STATIONS TEA CUSTOMS MAPS THE ROYALS BRITAIN IN YOUR TOWN VISIT BRITAIN CHAT FORUM CONTESTS BLOG TODAY AU DESIGN SHOPPE AU MARKET